Job Title: Paralegal – Real Estate & Energy
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
About the Job
A paralegal position is being added to support growth in our Real Estate and Energy practices. This position is a unique opportunity to create systems and procedures to support a team, and offers potential for growth.
- Preparing closing documents
- Draft settlement statements and deeds
- Prepare title affidavits
- Order title insurance
- Perform mortgage foreclosure work
- Set up tests and inspections
- Prepare lien letters
- Draft title opinions
- At least three years Real Estate experience as a Paralegal, Closing Coordinator, or similar position in a mortgage or title company, title insurer, or banking setting.
- Strong technical skills required including Word, Excel, Outlook, and an understanding of database concepts. Able to develop procedures and systems to help manage workload and ensure efficient recordkeeping. Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities. Good communication skills, written and verbal. Able to work independently and as part of a team. Highly organized and attentive to detail, with good follow-up. Able to work efficiently and make the most of time. Ability to solve problems and make recommendations for improvement to supervisors.
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office machines and communicate in person and via telephone with internal and external customers.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Typical office setting, normally Monday through Friday business hours. Occasional overtime as required.
Burns White conducts criminal background screenings for all newly hired employees.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.