Anne Schmidt Frankel
Anne Schmidt Frankel is a Member in the Philadelphia office of Burns White, concentrating her practice on defending hospitals, physicians, and long-term care facilities against professional and general liability claims. She also represents these clients in premises liability, corporate liability, and employment matters.
More specifically, Ms. Frankel has assisted human services clinics, personal care homes, hospitals, physician groups, and corporate entities with a variety matters, including slip and fall claims, grand jury subpoenas, employment disputes, and disruptive physician actions.
Prior to joining Burns White, Ms. Frankel worked as an Associate at a civil litigation and medical malpractice defense firm in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, where she successfully protected privileged client information from discovery through her knowledge and application of the Peer Review Protection Act, as well as assisted with pre-trial preparations and expert retention. In addition, Ms. Frankel clerked for the Hon. Richard F. Wells, J.S.C., of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Camden County.
A graduate of Widener University, Ms. Frankel received a Juris Doctor in 2008 and obtained a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, cum laude, from Northeastern University in 2005. While attending Northeastern University, Ms. Frankel was a Division I scholarship athlete for the Women’s Varsity Rowing Team. She later became co-captain of the team in her junior year.
Ms. Frankel is actively involved in the Women’s Initiative at Burns White and oversees efforts of the Philadelphia office.
Areas of Law
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Premises Liability
- Corporate Liability
- Employment Law
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Northeastern University (B.S., cum laude, 2005)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Montgomery Child Advocacy Project (MCAP)
- Board of Directors (2013-2015)
- Certified Advocate Attorney
- Young Friends Committee, Chair
- 2014 Rock the Ribbon, Co-Chair
- Mission Kids 2013 Annual Event Committee
- Anti-Defamation League, Glass Leadership Fellow (2009-2010)
News & Updates