Craig A. Goddy
A seasoned litigator and a trial attorney, Craig A. Goddy brings a diverse background in civil litigation to his practice at Burns White. He concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, real estate matters, and condominium and homeowner association law.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Goddy was a partner at a Florida law firm, where his practice focused on commercial litigation, banking litigation, and real estate litigation. He has represented community and regional lenders in all aspects of banking litigation and real estate litigation, including commercial foreclosures. Mr. Goddy has also represented condominium and homeowner’s associations with regard to the structuring and operation of condominiums, planned communities, and their management associations; drafting condominium and homeowners association documents; and covenant enforcement and condominium association and homeowner association litigation, arbitration, and mediation.
In addition, Mr. Goddy served as outside counsel to two of the largest property management companies in the country in matters related to commercial development, re-development, commercial evictions, lease negotiations, and joint venture agreements involving outdoor shopping plazas and individual retailers.
Mr. Goddy has additional experience in entertainment law through his representation of clients in the television and music industries.
Mr. Goddy graduated from the University of Dayton School of Law in 1999. While there, he received the American Jurisprudence/CALI Award in Cyberspace Law, and participated in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Clinic Program and Phi Delta Phi. Mr. Goddy received a B.A. in History, cum laude, from Kent State University in 1995.
Areas of Law
- Commercial Real Estate Litigation
- Condominium and Homeowner Association Law
- Business Litigation
- Entertainment Law
- Commercial Litigation
- University of Dayton (J.D., 1999)
- Kent State University (B.A., cum laude, 1995)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Indiana State Bar Association
News & Updates