Daniel J. Hampton
An experienced litigator and trial attorney, Daniel J. Hampton has tried cases in state and federal courts throughout the country. His main area of focus is railroad defense, with a particular emphasis on the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) and occupational disease litigation. Mr. Hampton applies this same knowledge and understanding to the Medicare industry, assisting in the identification and resolution of Medicare issues that arise in the settlement of FELA claims.
In addition, Mr. Hampton handles estate planning and administration matters, drafting and reviewing wills and trust instruments. He has also performed work in the areas of criminal defense and personal injury litigation.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Hampton primarily practiced in the area of criminal law, working as an Assistant District Attorney in Allegheny County and as a Criminal Judicial Staff Attorney for the 17th Judicial District of Florida in Ft. Lauderdale.
Mr. Hampton graduated from Arizona State University in 1995, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and received his Juris Doctor in 1998. In 2007, Mr. Hampton attended the 26th Annual Trial Advocacy College at the University of Virginia School of Law.
Mr. Hampton is admitted to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Pennsylvania. He is also a member of the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations, in addition to the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel.
Areas of Law
- Transportation / Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA)
- Medicare Compliance
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Environmental Law
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- Arizona State University (B.A., 1995)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
Mr. Hampton is also active in the Pittsburgh community, volunteering his services in the representation of clients through the Neighborhood Legal Services Association and presenting on the importance of organizing and preserving estate planning documents to senior citizens through the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Very Important Papers program.
News & Updates