Daniel J. Twilla
Daniel J. Twilla is a litigator with a practice focused in the areas of insurance bad faith, insurance coverage, and commercial litigation. He is a Member at Burns White.
Mr. Twilla represents insurers throughout Pennsylvania in a variety of insurance disputes and has litigated matters arising from a wide range of insurance policies, including general liability, homeowners, and commercial and personal automobile. Mr. Twilla has achieved a number of case dismissals and summary judgments in cases involving first-party and third-party bad faith claims.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Twilla was an Associate at Dapper, Baldasare, Benson, Behling & Kane, P.C., until the firms merged in January 2016.
Mr. Twilla is a member of the Defense Research Institute and the Pennsylvania Defense Institute’s insurance bad faith and amicus committees. Mr. Twilla has written amicus briefs for the Pennsylvania Defense Institute and the Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies.
Mr. Twilla graduated from Allegheny College, cum laude, in 2001, and from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, cum laude, in 2004. While in law school, Mr. Twilla was a Managing Editor of the Journal of Law and Commerce and a legal writing teaching assistant.
Mr. Twilla served as a law clerk to Administrative Law Judge Gail A. Randall, Drug Enforcement Administration, a position to which he was appointed through United States Attorney General’s Attorney Honors Program.
Mr. Twilla is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Pennsylvania, and the Southern District of West Virginia.
Areas of Law
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Insurance Coverage
- Commercial Litigation
- University of Pittsburgh (J.D., cum laude, 2004)
- Allegheny College (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Defense Research Institute
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- American Inns of Court
- “Insurance Bad Faith Update” – Advanced Motor Vehicle Seminar, October 2015
- “Pennsylvania Bad Faith Committee Update” – Pennsylvania Defense Institute Annual Conference, July 2015
- “Pennsylvania Bad Faith Update” – Pennsylvania Defense Institute Annual Conference, July 2013
News & Updates