David A. Damico
A Founding Member of Burns White, Dave brings more than 30 years of litigation experience coupled with business acumen to his corporate clients. He also serves on the firm’s Executive Committee.
“At Burns White, we represent excellence in everything we do. Our mission is to provide creative solutions to enhance the bottom-line results for all of our clients.”
With a long history representing Class I, regional, and short line railroads, Dave has a keen understanding of the challenges and strengths facing the railroad industry. Co-Chair of the firm’s Railroad Law Practice Group, Dave serves as National Trial Counsel to multiple railroad companies and has tried numerous occupational illness, toxic exposure, and catastrophic personal injury cases.
In addition to his significant practice in the railroad industry, Dave serves as counsel on behalf of manufacturers and distributors in complex products liability and toxic tort cases. He also represents self-insured business owners and insurance companies in personal injury and premises liability actions.
A Pittsburgh native, Dave is a present and former board member of several local community and social organizations, and takes an active interest in numerous philanthropic activities.
Areas of Law
- Products Liability and Toxic Tort Litigation
- Occupational Illness Litigation
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- Washington and Jefferson College (B.A., summa cum laude, 1981)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (former Vice President, Northeast region)
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Selected for inclusion on the 2004-2010 and 2014-2016 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® lists
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2003-2017; named Pittsburgh Railroad Law “Lawyer of the Year” in 2014 and 2017
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 peer rated in Martindale-Hubbell
News & Updates