David H. Dille
David H. Dille is a Member at Burns White, where he defends the interests of a variety of employers, including school districts, health care providers, and construction companies, in workers’ compensation litigation.
Since 1988, Mr. Dille has been involved in workers’ compensation and occupational illness litigation almost exclusively in private practice. Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Dille was a Partner at Dapper, Baldasare, Benson, Behling & Kane, P.C., before the firms merged in January 2016. He also previously served as in-house counsel to the Pittsburgh Board of Education as Assistant Solicitor. In that role, Mr. Dille defended the school district in workers’ compensation litigation, as well as provided counsel in other areas of the law, including matters related to the Pennsylvania School Code, the preparation of contracts, and other school law issues such as special education and school disciplinary cases.
A frequently requested speaker at workers’ compensation seminars, Mr. Dille enjoys addressing such topics as psychiatric injuries and major changes to the workers’ compensation law, as well as the potential impact of new case law on employers and constitutional statutory challenge issues.
Mr. Dille received a J.D. from Duquesne University School of Law in 1977 and earned a B.S. degree in Social Sciences Education/History from Indiana University of Pennsylvania in 1973. Immediately following his undergraduate education, Mr. Dille worked as a secondary education social sciences teacher in the Butler Area School District for a few years before engaging in the practice of law.
A certified specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Mr. Dille has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for his work in the area of workers’ compensation since 1999. In 2014, he was selected as its Pittsburgh Workers’ Compensation Law–Employers “Lawyer of the Year.”
Besides Pennsylvania, Mr. Dille is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. He is a member of the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations.
Areas of Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Duquesne University (J.D., 1977)
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania (B.S., 1973)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® since 1999; named Pittsburgh Workers’ Compensation Law–Employers “Lawyer of the Year” in 2014
- Selected for inclusion on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® lists, 2004-2006, 2008-2009 and 2013-2016
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation Fellows Program
News & Updates