Laura E. Benson
Laura E. Benson is a Member in the Litigation Group. Drawing from her diverse background, Ms. Benson assists clients in a wide range of industries to reach their business and legal objectives. Ms. Benson provides counsel in complex and commercial litigation, employment, False Claims Act/qui tam matters, and government investigations.
Prior to joining Burns White, Ms. Benson was employed as an Associate at a Pittsburgh-based insurance defense firm, where she practiced professional malpractice defense and civil litigation.
Ms. Benson received a J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 2009. While there, she studied abroad for a semester at Bond University Law School in Queensland, Australia. A member of the Phi Beta Kappa honor society, Ms. Benson graduated from Pennsylvania State University with B.A.s in Political Science, Sociology, and African & African American Studies, cum laude, in 2006.
As a law student, Ms. Benson interned for the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission in Pittsburgh, the Governor’s Office of General Counsel in Philadelphia, and United States District Magistrate Judge Lisa Pupo Lenihan.
Areas of Law
- Employment Law
- White Collar and Government Enforcement
- Professional Liability
- Financial Institution Litigation
- University of Pittsburgh (J.D., 2009)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., cum laude, 2006)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Pennsylvania Bar Association