Manning J. O’Connor II
Manning J. “Jim” O’Connor II is a Member in the Pittsburgh office of Burns White. He represents businesses in a wide range of commercial litigation matters, with extensive experience handling disputes involving all aspects of employment litigation. These include breaches of contract, harassment, and discrimination claims; non-compete and non-solicitation agreements; and trade secrets, among others.
Mr. O’Connor also has many years of experience in health care litigation, and he has represented hospitals and physicians in, and advised on, regulatory and patient care matters, contract disputes, licensing matters, insurance disputes, and corporate compliance. He has also negotiated contracts for media personalities and other celebrities. In addition, he has served as special counsel to numerous municipalities on a wide range of legal issues.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. O’Connor was Managing Partner of the Pittsburgh office of a midsize, Philadelphia-based litigation firm.
An educator and frequent speaker, Mr. O’Connor serves on the adjunct faculty at Duquesne University School of Law, and regularly speaks at seminars and conferences on the topics of trial evidence, employment litigation, and commercial litigation.
Areas of Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Care
- Municipal Law
- Duquesne University (J.D., 1983)
- Duquesne University (B.A., cum laude, 1980)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Tax Court
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Selected for inclusion on the 2010-2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® lists in the field of business litigation.
- Selected for inclusion on the 2012 Top Rated Lawyers list by Corporate Counsel’s Guide to Health Care Law.
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 peer rated in Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for the Allegheny County Bar Foundation Class of 2015 Fellows