Maria R. Granaudo Gesty
A Member of Burns White, Maria R. Granaudo Gesty joined the firm in 2007 and works in the firm’s Philadelphia and Wilmington, Delaware offices. She focuses her practice on nursing home, assisted living, and medical malpractice defense matters. Ms. Granaudo Gesty was formerly with the law firm McKissock & Hoffman, where she had practiced since 2000.
Ms. Granaudo Gesty has addressed nursing home professionals on the potential liabilities associated with medical record documentation and on improving the standard of care in long-term care facilities.
She received her B.A. from Providence College in 1993, and graduated cum laude from Widener University School of Law in 1997. While at Widener, she was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society and Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity Honor Chapter.
Ms. Granaudo Gesty was a Summer Clerk to the Hon. John J. Kelly Jr. of the Pennsylvania Superior Court and a Judicial Law Clerk to the Hon. Robert Gawthrop III of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
She is admitted to practice in Delaware, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Ms. Granaudo Gesty is a member of the Delaware Health Care Facilities Association, the Philadelphia Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, and the Delaware Bar Association, where she is also a member of the Health Law, Litigation, and Women in the Law sections.
Areas of Law
- Long-Term Care
- Nursing Home Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Widener University (J.D., 1997)
- Providence College (B.A., 1993)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Delaware Health Care Facilities Association
- Delaware End-of-Life Coalition
- Member, Board of Directors
- Chair, Public Policy Committee