Matthew G. Chapman
Matthew G. Chapman is an Associate practicing in the areas of civil litigation, with a focus on health care, products liability, personal injury, employment, and insurance coverage and extracontractual litigation.
Prior to joining Burns White, he was an attorney at a small firm in St. Clairsville, Ohio, practicing in the areas of civil litigation; criminal; domestic; contract; property; wills, trusts and estates; and governmental relations. Mr. Chapman also clerked for Circuit Judge O.C. “Hobby” Spaulding in Winfield, West Virginia, U.S. District Judge Irene M. Keeley in Clarksburg,West Virginia, and United States Federal Magistrate John S. Kaull in Clarksburg. Before becoming a lawyer, he worked as a landman for Chesapeake Energy in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Mr. Chapman received both a J.D. and a B.A. in Political Science from West Virginia University. While in law school, he was inducted into the Order of the Barristers, awarded the CALI for Federal Income Taxation and served as the president of the Marlyn E. Lugar Trial Association.
Mr. Chapman is admitted to practice law in West Virginia, Ohio, the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Areas of Law
- Civil Litigation
- Health Care Law
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
- Extracontractual Insurance Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- West Virginia University
- (J.D., 2010)
- (B.A., magna cum laude, 2006)
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Belmont County Bar Association
- Ohio County Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar
- Young Lawyer Section, Executive Committee Member for District 1
- Rotary Club of Wheeling, West Virginia
- Ohio County Republican Executive Committee, Chairman
- West Virginia Republican State Executive Committee, Steering Committee
News & Updates