Nina W. Gusmar
Nina W. Gusmar is a Burns White Member who focuses her practice on civil, commercial, and complex litigation matters for the firm’s business, finance, and transportation clients.
Ms. Gusmar has a comprehensive background in the law, including experience in mergers and acquisitions, class action law suits, contracts, real estate, tax issues, health care, and litigation. Prior to joining the firm, she worked as assistant counsel to UPMC Health System and at a local firm, where she practiced pharmaceutical litigation.
Ms. Gusmar received her Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where she served as the Notes and Comments editor of the Journal of Law and Commerce. She also received a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the University of Pittsburgh and a Bachelors Degree in Psychology and Business from the University of Richmond.
Ms. Gusmar is admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar and is a member of the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations.
Areas of Law
- Occupational Illness Defense
- Banking and Financial Services
- Business Law
- Intellectual Property
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D. 1998)
- University of Pittsburgh (M.B.A. 1998)
- University of Richmond (B.A. 1995)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- “Scan and Destroy: The Perks and Perils of a Paperless Environment,” co-authored with Jeffrey Roberts, The Legal Intelligencer, Aug. 25, 2008
- “Follow Up to Avoid Fallout: Risk Management Strategies to Reduce Diagnosis-Related Malpractice Claims,” The Legal Intelligencer, Pennsylvania Law Weekly, July 9, 2007
News & Updates