Scott R. Eberle
Scott is a Member of Burns White, practicing in the firm’s Litigation Group. An experienced trial attorney, Scott has a diverse litigation practice representing businesses and individuals in a wide range of matters spanning insurance defense and commercial litigation.
Scott has extensive experience representing lawyers and other professionals including accountants, engineers, real estate agents, insurance agents, and design professionals in professional liability claims. He also defends wrongful death and serious personal injury claims, as well as premises liability, products liability, and toxic tort claims.
Complementing his litigation practice, Scott regularly counsels lawyers, pre or post claims or suits, on professional ethics and professional responsibility matters, including those facing disciplinary charges before the Office of Disciplinary Counsel, as well as matters before the Pennsylvania Lawyers Fund for Client Security. He is a frequent speaker on legal malpractice avoidance, lawyer ethics, and risk management before law firms, bar associations, and legal organizations.
Scott is an active member of the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations serving on the PBA Professional Liability Committee and the ACBA Ethics Committee and Lawyer Insurance Committee. He is also a member of the Professional Liability Defense Federation.
Scott was named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list for Professional Liability Defense in 2010, 2013, 2015, and 2016.
Areas of Law
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability Defense
- Attorney Disciplinary Defense
- General Litigation Defense
- Duquesne University (J.D., 2002)
- DePauw University (B.A., 1999)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Professional Liability Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Ethics Committee
- Lawyer Insurance Committee
- Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Selected by his peers for the 2010, 2013, 2015 and 2016 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists
News & Updates