Stephanie Solomon is a trial attorney and Member in the Litigation Group, focusing her work on commercial general liability and professional liability litigation. She also currently serves as Co-Chair of the Firm’s Retail and Hospitality Group and current chair of the Pennsylvania Defense Institute’s General Liability Committee.
During her years in practice, Stephanie has represented designers, manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers in products liability actions including heavy machinery, hand and power tools, food products, chemicals, recreational equipment, and other consumer goods. A large portion of Stephanie’s practice is devoted to defending cases that involve complex accidents and catastrophic injuries.
Stephanie is experienced in all facets of insurance defense, including medical malpractice, premises liability, liquor liability, and employment law, impacting a wide range of clients including trucking companies, urgent care centers, municipalities, and restaurants. She also advises clients on the best available insurance policies and coverage for cybersecurity-related risks and liabilities.
Stephanie received her Juris Doctor from Duquesne University. During law school, she was a staff member of the Duquesne Law Review and worked as a clerk for the law department of the City of Pittsburgh. In addition, she served as a research and teaching assistant, as well as a volunteer for the law school’s Low Income Tax Clinic. Stephanie also received her Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and journalism, cum laude, from Duquesne, where she was a contributing writer and editor for the Duquesne Duke Newspaper.
Stephanie is active in the volunteer efforts of the Women’s Group at Burns White and the First Tee of Pittsburgh. She is also the Chair of the firm’s Summer Associate Committee.
Areas of Law
- Products Liability
- Retail and Hospitality
- Trucking Law
- Professional Liability
- Employment Law
- Financial Institution Litigation
- Duquesne University (J.D., cum laude, 2008; B.A., cum laude, 2005)
- West Virginia
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Professional Liability Committee
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute (PDI)
- Chair, General Liability Committee
- Selected by her peers for the 2015-2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists
- In 2013, Stephanie was one of two attorneys to receive a scholarship from the Allegheny County Bar Association to attend the National Trial Advocacy College, an intensive five-day program held annually at the University of Virginia School of Law. Here, she received hands-on advocacy training from some of the most highly regarded judges and litigators in the nation.
Outside of work, Stephanie prefers to spend her evenings and weekends on the golf course with her husband, Brian. She also enjoys cooking, traveling, and running. Stephanie is a Pittsburgh native, currently residing in Wexford.