Job Title: Chief Marketing Officer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
About the Job
The Chief Marketing Officer will provide oversight, direction, and consultation regarding firm-wide marketing and business development initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Work collaboratively with firm leadership to determine marketing and business development strategy to drive firm growth, and identify key clients for client-retention activities and opportunities for furthering services provided.
- Facilitate and develop organized cross-marketing/servicing efforts among firm attorneys in different legal specialties and different geographic regions.
- Evaluate and complete requests for proposals for new and existing clients, identifying and using key differentiators of the firm to win business.
- Provide consultation in the conceptualization, development, and execution of business development plans for attorneys, practice groups, and the firm.
- Provide training and coaching to attorneys regarding business development and marketing. Identify potential opportunities for attorneys to establish business development connections.
- Monitor and analyze business development initiatives to assess effectiveness and return on investment.
- Provide leadership, direction, and inspiration to the marketing and business development team.
- Oversee all marketing communications including web content, press releases, newsletters, marketing collateral, advertising, and articles.
- Oversee all legal marketing research and analysis.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of business trends and competitive landscape, and proactively share information and make recommendations to respond to trends.
- Work with external vendors to drive value to the firm, and manage a comprehensive marketing budget.
- BS or BA in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field. Advanced degree (MBA, MS, or JD) strongly preferred.
- At least ten years marketing and/or business development experience with increasing level of responsibility including supervisory experience. Law firm or other professional services experience preferred.
- Highly professional, adaptable, industrious, and detail oriented.
- Proven track record of offering creative solutions to problems and new ideas.
- Work well with nuanced, complex, and confidential information.
- A take-charge attitude with the ability to lead people and projects to meet defined marketing and business development goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly build and maintain rapport with internal and external contacts, and skilled in interacting effectively at all organizational levels.
- Good business acumen and keen understanding of the power and importance of brand and brand equity.
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office machines and communicate in person and via telephone with internal and external customers.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Typical office setting, normally Monday through Friday business hours. Occasional overtime as required.
Burns White conducts criminal background screenings for all newly hired employees.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.