- Public corporations
- Privately held and family-owned businesses
- Financial institutions
- Entrepreneurs and emerging businesses
- Professionals and professional associations
- Entertainment entities
- Healthcare institutions and providers
Getting down to business
Businesses operate in a climate that demands instant results, real-time feedback, and around-the-clock access to essential information and advice.
Businesses also face constant challenges as a result of changing technologies and market forces, global competition, and a growing and complex web of legal requirements and regulations.
Sustained success is a result of knowing how to navigate and manage these factors effectively for the best results.
At Burns White, we apply customized thinking to our clients’ business challenges and deliver practical solutions. We generate tangible and cost-effective results for a diverse group of clients, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual practices and proprietorships.
Our attorneys understand business from the inside out. With a diverse range of backgrounds, many of us possess direct experience as owners, board members, and officers of various business entities. This unique perspective enhances our ability to assist our clients in meeting their business goals and objectives, while successfully navigating their unique legal issues, and minimizing exposure to legal risk and unnecessary litigation.
We routinely provide the following services to our business clients:
- Contract drafting and enforcement: negotiating, interpreting, developing, and enforcing contracts and commercial relationships
- Business entity formation and structuring: creating entities and business structures (business corporations, nonprofit corporations, professional corporations, LLCs, partnerships, limited partnerships, joint ventures, and systems of related entities) to help minimize taxes, reduce liability exposure, comply with regulatory standards, achieve desired exit strategies, and promote growth, among other objectives
- Capital formation: accessing capital through private and institutional equity, debt, and loan financings
- Corporate governance: providing consultation and advice regarding corporate governance and management issues, board policies and procedures, conflicts of interest, fiduciary duties, indemnification rights, and D&O insurance
- Mergers and acquisitions: assisting with the purchase and sale of entities or their component parts through various business transactions and arrangements, such as mergers, asset sales, reorganizations, buy-ins/buy-outs of individual owners, management contracts, and joint ventures
- Real estate transactions: facilitating the purchase, sale, leasing, and development of real estate, including related oil, gas, and mineral rights
- Construction projects: supporting the negotiation, management, and enforcement of contracts with architects, contractors, and project managers
- Intellectual property: registering and enforcing trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights
Through the firm’s other practice groups, Burns White provides extensive labor/ employment, commercial litigation, and other complementary services for our business clients.