Employment Law Educational Programs
The Employment Group at Burns White is available to provide its knowledge and experience to your company or trade group. Drawing from our more than 30 years of experience helping clients build a solid framework to support the employer-employee relationship, our team can counsel management and human resources staff about how law, agencies, and regulations affect the workplace in ways from the familiar to the newest trends.
Subjects we cover in our presentations can include:
- Developing a pre-employment screening procedure
- Creating an effective employee handbook
- Effective workplace investigations
- Avoiding and responding to discrimination in the workplace
- Anti-harassment practices
- The Family Medical Leave Act
- Basic workers’ compensation, and how it relates to disability protections
- Wage and hour laws / Fair Labor Standards Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act confidentiality and compliance
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration compliance and regulation
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Same-sex benefits
- Restrictive covenants
- Social media issues
After you select one to four of the subjects above, our experienced professionals will give a customized presentation that will provide your personnel renewed confidence and efficiency in dealing with the increasingly complex issues in employment law.
These subjects can be presented in 30- to 45-minute segments. We can also cover other important topics in shorter segments, such as: dealing with office romances, firearms in the workplace, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission updates.
In some instances, CLE credits may be available.