Comprehensive and practical legal solutions for the insurance industry
The challenges of insurance litigation include the increasing frequency of institutional bad faith claims and corresponding written discovery, numerous depositions, extracontractual damage claims, and law that continues to evolve. The results-oriented attorneys of the Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation Group at Burns White provide our clients with proactive, consistent, and efficient representation across Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio.
With more than 25 years of experience, the Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation team draws from its thorough understanding of the intricacies of the insurance industry and the demands of insurance litigation to provide comprehensive legal services, from the initial investigation through discovery, motions practice, trial, settlement, and appeal. Recognizing that litigation can be costly and time-intensive, our attorneys evaluate cases on an individual basis, as early as possible, to provide objective advice, realistic case assessments, and creative solutions in an effort to minimize the costs of litigation.
Our attorneys will work side-by-side with you to investigate and evaluate insurance disputes, and our experience enables us to identify strengths and weaknesses at the earliest stages of litigation, allowing us to formulate practical and effective strategies and solutions.
We represent insurers and corporate policyholders in a wide range of cases. Our aim is to deliver successful resolutions to both complex and routine insurance disputes through negotiation, arbitration, and litigation. We also represent clients involved in diverse coverage and extracontractual matters. The scope of our Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation practice includes:
Insurance coverage cases involving:
- Reservation of rights and disclaimer of coverage
- Trigger, allocation, and re-allocation of losses
- Bodily injury and property damage liability
- Personal and advertising injury liability
- Commercial and personal auto policies
- Commercial property and homeowners policies
- D&O policies
- Accident and health policies
- Credit life, disability, and income policies
- Insurance recovery
Extracontractual cases involving:
- Disputed uninsured and underinsured motorist claims
- Construction defect litigation
- Progressive injury claims
- Long-tail environmental claims
- First-party property damage claims
- Third-party excess verdicts
- Fire losses