- Appellate Practice
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Banking and Financial Services
- Chemical Distribution and Manufacturing Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Energy Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- General Liability Litigation
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care Defense
- Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Occupational Illness Litigation
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability Defense
- Railroad Law
- Toxic Tort Defense
- Trucking Law
- Workers’ Compensation Litigation
- National and multi-national corporations and organizations
- Banks and financial institutions
- Government and nonprofit organizations
- Railroads and other entities in the transportation industry
- Small and large business owners
Taking an aggressive but efficient approach to solving your legal needs
A complaint is filed and summons served at a company or business. A single person often takes delivery of the grievance, but the ramifications could have a profound impact across the spectrum of an entire organization.
Burns White has always recognized that a legal problem is a business problem. Backed by extensive experience conducting broad-based litigation in both state and federal courts, we resolve disputes before tribunals, arbitration panels and administrative agencies throughout the United States.
Today, more than 90 experienced litigation attorneys take a results-oriented approach to meet the needs of our clients, which range from Fortune 500 companies to smaller, emerging businesses and their officers and directors.
We respond to clients based on their timetable and provide immediate and appropriate action when necessary. Our attorneys understand the impact that major litigation, regardless of its outcome, can have on a company, and we’ll work closely with you to avoid litigation whenever possible.
However, when it’s unavoidable, we move quickly and effectively to contain the risk and minimize the impact on your business. To manage the impact of litigation, we draw upon our experience as counselors with substantial knowledge in a broad range of practice areas and disciplines, and our experience in representing clients in the traditional courtroom setting as well as at alternative dispute resolution (ADR) proceedings.
When a client faces a legal dispute, our Litigation Group conducts a thorough analysis of the matter and assigns professionals whose experience is specifically tailored to deliver the best results. The depth of our litigation talent and practical experience allows us to be economical in staffing cases without sacrificing the ability to achieve the best possible outcome — which we like to think equals a maximum return on your investment.