Helping our clients on the road to success
Safe, convenient, and efficient modes of transporting goods, services, and people are fundamental to the stability and financial well-being of our nation. Today’s economic and technological landscape offers a variety of challenges and opportunities for the transportation industry to remain competitive and profitable.
The Railroad Law Group at Burns White, composed of attorneys well versed in risk management, regulatory compliance, transactional services, and litigation, provides high-quality, creative, and cost-effective solutions to clients in the transportation industry.
Risk management and regulatory compliance
We take proactive measures to minimize our clients’ exposure to risk and unnecessary litigation so they can stay on track to meet their business objectives. Our team:
- Reviews and drafts operator and warning instructions and safety manuals
- Negotiates business contracts
- Comments on proposed legislation and consults on existing legislation
Utility commission representation
- Files applications for openings, alterations, and abandonments of new, existing, or formerly used rail lines with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
We help our clients manage their business requirements, and provide representation in a variety of transactions, including:
- Drafting and negotiating property sales and lease agreements
- Handling mergers and acquisitions
- Consulting on construction projects
Our litigation attorneys have extensive experience defending clients in complex occupational disease, toxic tort, catastrophic loss, property damage, personal injury, and construction design and defect cases. These cases often involve sophisticated legal and technical issues requiring lengthy investigations and use of industry experts.
Burns White is committed to the longevity and success of the transportation industry in North America.