Amber C. Vala
Amber C. Vala
Practice AreasCybersecurity Law Transportation and Logistics
Burns White Center
48 26th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Amber C. Vala is an Associate in the Transportation and Logistics practice group, where she represents national and regional transportation clients. She is located in the firm’s Pittsburgh office.
Prior to joining Burns White, Ms. Vala served as the Assistant District Attorney at the Allegheny County of the District Attorney where she represented the interests of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in hundreds of criminal cases involving misdemeanor and felony crimes.
Ms. Vala received her Juris Doctor from Duquesne University School of law where she received the CALI Excellence Award for Core/Applied Competencies I and II. She was a recipient of the Judith Kasdan Memorial Scholarship and the Machen Endowed Scholarship. Ms. Vala also received her Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Communication Studies, cum laude, from Duquesne University.
Ms. Vala is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Transportation and Logistics
- Duquesne University (J.D., 2021)
- Duquesne University (B.A., cum laude, 2016)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania
Accolades & Involvement
- Duquesne Law Review, Volume 57, Senior Staff Editor
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Core/Applied Competencies I & II
- Judith Kasdan Memorial Scholarship Recipient
- Machen Endowed Scholarship Recipient
- Prime Stage Theater, Member of the Board of Directors (2021-Present)
- Christian Legal Society, Member (2018-Present)