Arthur R. Murphy
Arthur R. Murphy
Practice AreasHealthcare and Long-Term Care Litigation
457 Haddonfield Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Arthur R. Murphy is an Associate in the firm’s Healthcare and Long-Term Care practice group and is located in the Cherry Hill Office. Mr. Murphy focuses his practice on defending long-term care providers and medical care professionals against medical malpractice, professional liability, and general liability claims.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Murphy served as a law clerk for The Honorable Steven J. Polansky, the Presiding Civil Part Judge in Camden, New Jersey. As a law clerk for a trial court Judge Mr. Murphy gained valuable legal and practical experience by aiding in the review and analysis of motions before the Court, through researching and analyzing New Jersey law, by mediating small claims cases, and by helping the Judge prepare for virtual civil jury trials during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mr. Murphy received his Juris Doctorate from Rutgers Law School. During law school, Mr. Murphy served as an Associate Editor for the Nuremberg Project on the Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion. During his final year of law school, Mr. Murphy was an Eagleton Fellow. Through this program, he was placed as an intern with New Jersey’s Office of Legislative Services where he performed legal and policy research for the New Jersey state legislature. He also received a Master of Arts in Public History and a Bachelor of Arts in History, with a minor in Political Science, cum laude, from Rutgers University-Camden.
Areas of Law
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., 2020)
- Rutgers University-Camden (M.A., 2017)
- Rutgers University-Camden (B.A., cum laude, 2015)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Camden County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Accolades & Involvement
- Eagleton Fellowship Program, Rutgers Law School, 2020
- Phi Alpha Theta and Athenaeum Honors Societies
- “For Compassion’s Sake: An Examination of the Medical Marijuana Laws of New Jersey and Germany,” 21 RUTGERS J.L. & RELIGION 130, Rutgers Law School, 2021
- Woodbury, The Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia, Rutgers University, 2017