Bryson F. Datt Jr.
Bryson F. Datt Jr.
Practice AreasLitigation Transportation and Logistics
Burns White Center
48 26th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Bryson F. Datt Jr. is a Member at Burns White with a diverse litigation practice, ranging from defending wrongful death and serious personal injury claims to insurance coverage and commercial disputes.
As co-chair of the Transportation and Logistics practice group, Mr. Datt has extensive experience representing national and regional transportation clients. He regularly responds to catastrophic losses on their behalf and works to manage their exposure. In the event a dispute arises, he works closely with his clients to determine whether an early resolution or aggressive litigation will best serve their overall business objectives. Accustomed to the complexities of tractor-trailer accidents and multiple-vehicle collisions, he has handled these types of cases for clients in both federal and state courts.
In addition to his transportation practice, Mr. Datt advises and represents clients on complex commercial litigation matters. His experience includes working to protect and further client interests in business and commercial disputes; insurance coverage issues; contract disputes; unfair competition, trade secret, and business protection litigation; real estate litigation; energy industry litigation; and tort defense.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Datt was a Partner at Dapper, Baldasare, Benson, Behling & Kane, P.C., before the merger of the firms in January 2016.
Mr. Datt is a 2004 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. He received a B.A. in Chinese and Political Science from Washington and Lee University in 2000. Prior to law school, he worked in Beijing for the China University of Political Science and Law. Mr. Datt is proficient in Mandarin Chinese.
Mr. Datt is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, as well as the United States District Courts for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia. He is a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA) and the Defense Research Institute.
Areas of Law
- Transportation and Logistics
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Law
- Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation
- University of Pittsburgh (J.D., 2004)
- Washington and Lee University (B.A., 2000)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Defense Research Institute
Accolades & Involvement
- Selected for inclusion on the 2011-2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists
- Board of Trustees of St. Edmund’s Academy
- Past President of the Pittsburgh Chapter of the Washington and Lee Alumni Association
- “FMCSA — Mobile Devices” The Defense Research Institute Trucking Seminar, April 2018
- Panelist, Second Annual Pennsylvania Automated Vehicle Summit, April 2018