Juan C. Paz-Rosario
Juan C. Paz-Rosario
Practice AreasWorkers’ Compensation
Burns White Center
48 26th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Associate Juan Paz-Rosario defends self-insured employers, insurance companies, and third-party administrators as part of the Workers’ Compensation Group at Burns White.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Paz-Rosario worked as a litigation attorney at a Pittsburgh firm specializing in workers’ compensation matters. His experience includes successfully representing clients in criminal and civil matters. Mr. Paz-Rosario also has an extensive courtroom background working with judges in both the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Paz-Rosario received his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University School of Law where he received the McGinley Public Service Law Fellowship Award and the Pro Bono Exemplary Service Award. While attending law school, he served as the President of the Hispanic American Bar Association. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Conflict Analysis and Resolution with a double minor in Criminology and Legal Studies from George Mason University.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Paz-Rosario is the Chairman of the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Hispanic Attorney’s Committee, serves on the Board of Governors for Duquesne University School of Law’s Alumni Association, and serves on the Board of Governors for the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
He is admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D. 2020)
- George Mason University (B.S. 2017)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Hispanic Attorney’s Committee, Chairman
- Duquesne University School of Law’s Alumni Association, Board of Governors
- Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Board of Governors
Accolades & Involvement
- Pittsburgh Business Times and Leadership Pittsburgh 30 Under 30 Award Recipient, 2023
- Pro Bono Exemplary Service Award, Duquesne University School of Law, 2020
- McGinley Public Service Law Fellowship Award, Duquesne University School of Law, 2019
- “The Importance of DEI Efforts and Paving the Way for Future Diverse Attorneys,” The Legal Intelligencer, August 2022