Matthew A. Meyers
Matthew A. Meyers
Burns White Center
48 26th Street
Pittsburgh PA 15222
Matthew A. Meyers is a Member at Burns White whose practice focuses in the areas of insurance litigation, insurance coverage and extracontractual litigation, commercial litigation, and transportation and logistics law.
Mr. Meyers practiced insurance and commercial litigation at Dapper, Baldasare, Benson, Behling & Kane, P.C., until the firms merged in January 2016. He also handled products liability and corporate litigation at a large, international law firm.
Mr. Meyers graduated from Duquesne University School of Law, cum laude, in 2006. While in law school, he served as Associate Comment Editor and was published in the Duquesne Law Review. Mr. Meyers received a B.S. in Finance from Duquesne University, summa cum laude, in 2003.
Mr. Meyers is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia, as well as the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, and the Southern District of West Virginia.
Areas of Law
- Insurance Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Transportation and Logistics
- Duquesne University
- J.D., cum laude, 2006
- B.S., summa cum laude, 2003
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Accolades & Involvement
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® for Insurance Law, 2024
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, 2013-2020
- The Neighborhood Academy, Mock Trial Team Coach
- “Business Interruption in the time of COVID-19: Coverage | Litigation | Legislation,” Burns White Webinar, April 2020