Susan R. Engle
Susan R. Engle
1880 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Susan R. Engle is a Member located in the firm’s Philadelphia office. As a litigator, she routinely handles motor vehicle and trucking, personal injury, construction, liquor liability, and products liability matters. In addition, Ms. Engle has defended various state actors in civil rights matters, and employers in discrimination and harassment matters. Ms. Engle has prepared employee manuals and trained employees in various trades on sexual harassment in the workplace.
Ms. Engle has tried dozens of cases to verdict in Philadelphia, Montgomery, Delaware, Bucks, and Dauphin Counties. She has also tried cases to verdict in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Ms. Engle has handled numerous private arbitrations, including UM/UIM matters, and has represented employers before the PHRC and EEOC on numerous occasions. Prior to joining Burns White, Ms. Engle was a member at a Philadelphia firm representing clients in various litigation matters across a broad spectrum of industries.
Ms. Engle received her Juris Doctor from New England School of Law and her Bachelor of Arts degree from Albright College.
Ms. Engle is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Areas of Law
- Premises Liability
- Transportation and Logistics
- New England School of Law, (J.D. ,1997)
- Albright College, (B.A., 1994)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Accolades & Involvement
- City Kitties Rescue, President