Alana M. Staniszewski
Alana M. Staniszewskiamstaniszewski@burnswhite.com
Alana Staniszewski is an Associate in Burns White’s Workers’ Compensation Group defending employers and insurance companies in Pennsylvania.
Ms. Staniszewski received her Juris Doctor from Duquesne University, cum laude, where she was recognized for her academic achievements and participated in a variety of scholastic activities. She served as the Executive Student Articles Editor for the Duquesne Law Review, Volume 58, and was a member of the Appellate Moot Court Board. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree, magna cum laude, and a Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, from Duquesne University.
Ms. Staniszewski is licensed in the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 2020, cum laude)
- Duquesne University (B.S., 2017, magna cum laude)
- Duquesne University (B.A., 2017, magna cum laude)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Semi-Finalist, 49th Annual William B. Spong Moot Court Tournament, Duquesne University School of Law, 2020
- Semi-Finalist Winner, Third Best Brief, National Telecommunication and Technology Moot Court Competition, Duquesne University School of Law, 2019
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Corporations II, Duquesne University School of Law
- McGinley Public Service Law Fellowship, Duquesne University School of Law
- Merit Based Academic Scholarship, Duquesne University School of Law
- Order of the Barristers, Duquesne University School of Law
- “What Does Voluntary Withdrawal from the Workforce Mean for the Employer?,” Burns White Insights, November 2022
- “PA Supreme Court Decision: Reasonable Contest Attorney’s Fees Under Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act,” Burns White Insights, January 2022