Ashley L. Griffin
Ashley L. Griffin is a Member in Burns White’s Healthcare and Litigation practice groups. An experienced litigator, Ms. Griffin focuses her practice mainly in the area of medical malpractice where she represents healthcare professionals, hospitals, physicians, corporate practice groups, and mid-level providers throughout Western and Central Pennsylvania. Ms. Griffin is also a frequent speaker on the topics of healthcare liability, medical malpractice, medical records, confidentiality, peer review, and other risk-management topics. She is experienced in all aspects of litigation, including jury trials, arbitration hearings, discovery issues, depositions, dispositive motions, oral argument, mediations, risk assessment, and settlement negotiations.
Ms. Griffin is born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. She is a cum laude graduate of Allegheny College in Meadville, PA. She obtained her law degree with distinction from Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law in Ada, OH. During law school, Ms. Griffin was the Manuscript Editor for the Law Review, The Phoenix.
Ms. Griffin has been recognized by her peers and various publications as an outstanding litigator, attorney, and advocate. She has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star for 2017 and 2018. She is a recipient of the “Above & Beyond Award,” awarded by Philadelphia-based Magazine City & State in recognition of being one of Pennsylvania’s 25 Most Remarkable Women for the year 2018. From 2013 to the present, she has been appointed to sit on the Green Tree Borough Zoning Hearing Board, where she oversees requests for zoning variances for both residential and commercial properties. Ms. Griffin takes a keen interest in volunteering for trial advocacy projects – she has served as both presiding judge and jury member during high school and college level mock trial competitions sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the American Mock Trial Association, and the American Bar Association.
Ms. Griffin is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Ohio Northern University (J.D., 2008, With Distinction, Law Review Editor)
- Allegheny College (B.A., cum laude, 2005)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Selected by her peers as “Ones to Watch” by Best Lawyers in America®, 2021-2022
- Recipient of City & State PA’s inaugural 2018 Above and Beyond Award for civic and public service
- Selected by her peers for inclusion on the 2018-2021 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists
Community and Professional Involvement
- Mock Trial Judge and Juror
- American Mock Trial Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Green Tree Borough Zoning Hearing Board, 2014-Present
- Member, Women and the Law Division and Young Lawyers Division, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Green Tree Pennsylvania Young Professionals