Brian S. Kane
Brian S. Kane is a Member at the firm practicing in the areas of insurance and commercial litigation, with numerous verdicts in personal injury, property damage, and commercial matters. He is co-chair of both the Products Liability, and Retail and Hospitality practice groups.
Mr. Kane has aggressively and successfully handled a wide variety of insurance and commercial matters, including property and casualty claims, construction, insurance coverage, bad faith, premises liability, automobile liability, toxic tort, uninsured or underinsured motorists, and products liability in trial, arbitration, and mediation proceedings. Mr. Kane has also successfully obtained a reversal of a §1983 Federal District Court case before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Kane was a Founding Partner at Dapper, Baldasare, Benson, Behling & Kane, P.C., until the firms merged in January 2016. He was also a Partner at Pietragallo, Bosick & Gordon.
Mr. Kane is a graduate of the Duquesne University School of Law, where he was a member of the Duquesne Law Review. He received a B.A. in Journalism from the University of Kansas.
Mr. Kane is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, the Third and Fourth Circuit Federal Courts, and the United States District Courts for Eastern and Western Pennsylvania, and Northern and Southern West Virginia. He is a member and Vice President – West District of the Pennsylvania Defense Institute, and a member of the Federal Bar Association. Mr. Kane also belongs to the American, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Allegheny County Bar Associations.
A frequently requested speaker, Mr. Kane has presented on topics related to bad faith, automobile law, and personal injury for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI). In 2014, he served as a faculty member and course planner for “Fundamentals of Personal Injury,” a continuing legal education seminar presented by PBI. Mr. Kane also spoke about discovery issues when the course was held in Pittsburgh on June 10, 2014.
Areas of Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Bad Faith
- Automobile Liability
- Transportation and Logistics
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Duquesne University (J.D., 1992)
- University of Kansas (B.A., 1989)
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Executive Board, Vice President–West
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 peer rated in Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016-2019
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Pennsylvania’s Best Lawyers
- Glade Run Lutheran Services
- Chairman of the Parent Board of Directors, 2011-present
- Jaguars United Soccer
- Board of Directors, 1998-2010