Chamya L. Reed
Chamya L. Reed is an employee in the firm’s Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual, and Litigation practice groups where she focuses on insurance bad faith, insurance coverage and commercial litigation. Prior to working at Burns White after law school, she served as a law clerk with the firm, and interned with the United States Attorney’s Office.
A graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Ms. Reed received numerous awards for her academic achievements. She was the recipient of the Jonny Gammage Memorial Scholarship, recognized as a Top 10 Finalist for her mock brief to the Supreme Court of the United States in the Philip R. Shawe Law School Challenge, and received the Judge R. Stanton Wettick Jr. Prize as the CALI Award recipient for Pennsylvania Practice. During law school, Ms. Reed served on the executive board of the Pitt Law Women’s Association, was a Staff Editor on the Journal of Environmental and Public Health Law, and received a certificate for advanced study in Health Law. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy with a minor in Psychology, magna cum laude, from Lycoming College.
Ms. Reed is a licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, and The Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia.
Areas of Law
- Insurance and Extracontractual Litigation
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 2018)
- Lycoming College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2015)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- The Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia
- Jonny Gammage Memorial Scholarship, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Top 10 Finalist, Philip R. Shawe Law School Challenge, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- CALI Award for Pennsylvania Practice and Judge R. Stanton Wettick Jr. Prize, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Member of the Homeless Children’s Education Fund Outreach Committee