Christopher Pierson joined the law firm of Burns White in 2000 as an Associate in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office and was promoted to Member in 2006. He concentrates his practice on Workers’ Compensation, Federal Black Lung, and Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act litigation.
Mr. Pierson graduated from the University of Miami Law School in 1987. He graduated from Penn State University in 1983, receiving a Bachelor of Science from the School of Agriculture. Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Pierson focused his practice in the Pittsburgh area, representing employers and insurance carriers in Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation, Federal Black Lung, and Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act litigation. Mr. Pierson also served as a law clerk for The Hons. Giles McCarthy and George P. Morin, Administrative Law Judges for the U.S. Department of Labor.
Mr. Pierson is admitted to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the Third Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, and the Allegheny County Bar Association.
Areas of Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- University of Miami Law School (J.D. 1987)
- Penn State University (B.S. 1983)
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- “Are Pennsylvania Employers and Insurers Required to Pay for Medical Marijuana?,” Pennsylvania County News, Spring 2019
- “What Pennsylvania Employers Need to Know about Workers’ Comp,” businessingmag.com, November 2019