Cynthia L. Brennan
Cynthia L. Brennan[email protected]
Cynthia L Brennan has focused her career on defending healthcare providers, healthcare systems, hospitals and other medical entities in complex medical malpractice litigation and mass torts. She played central roles as defense liaison counsel in several consolidated mass torts, including the statewide silicone breast implant litigation and the Philadelphia Coordinated Rezulin litigation. She also represented Class 5 Physicians in the Dow Corning bankruptcy reorganization.
Ms. Brennan handles all aspects of litigation from the initial phases through trial, overseeing medical investigation and research, taking and defending depositions, formulating defenses, and identifying and working with experts. She also participates as associate counsel during trial. She is exceptionally skilled at researching, writing, and preparing pretrial and post-trial motions, bench memorandums and appellate briefs. Notably, Ms. Brennan wrote a successful Frye motion as part of the breast implant litigation, which eliminated any claim that breast implants cause systemic diseases.
On a pro bono basis, Ms. Brennan represents migrant children involved in the Central American immigration crisis. She graduated, cum laude, from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, earned a Masters of International Business Management, summa cum laude, from Point Park University, and received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Moravian College. She is a member of both the American and Montgomery County bar associations.
Areas of Law
- Professional Liability
- Mass Tort and Toxic Tort
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care Defense
- Product Liability
- Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1994)
- Point Park University, (Mater of International Business, summa cum laude, 1988)
- Moravian College (B.A. 1987)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- Dow Corning Settlement: Understanding The Treatment of Physicians’ Claims Under Joint Plan Of Reorganization, Medical/Legal Aspects of Breast Implants, Vol. 8 No. 7, June, 2000
- Mandatory Community Service As A High School Graduation Requirement: Inculcating Values or Unconstitutional?, The Thomas M. Cooley Law Review, Hillary Term, 1994