David R. Chludzinski
David Chludzinski is a Member in the Railroad Law and Transportation and Logistics practice groups at Burns White. A seasoned litigator, he has an extensive background in transportation law, focusing primarily on commercial motor carriers and their insurers.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Chludzinski served as Of Counsel for a civil litigation, regional law firm. Based in the Pittsburgh office, he was lead counsel on numerous federal and state court proceedings, handled hundreds of depositions relating to insurance defense matters, and defended commercial motor vehicle carriers in jury trials. Mr. Chludzinski has also conducted hundreds of immediate response investigations for commercial trucking companies.
Mr. Chludzinski is the author of several articles addressing critical issues in the transportation industry. He received his Juris Doctor from The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law where he served as the Comments Editor for the Penn State International Law Review, and was presented with the CALI Award for the highest grade in Advanced Pre-Trail Advocacy. He earned his undergraduate degree in Political Science, cum laude, from Boston College.
Mr. Chludzinski is licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania. He is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association, the Trucking Industry Defense Association, and is serving his second consecutive three-year term as a Civil Litigation Section Council Member for the Allegheny County Bar Association. He has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer—Rising Star from 2012 to 2019.
Areas of Law
- Transportation and Logistics
- The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law (J.D., 2005, Comments Editor of the Law Review)
- Boston College (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section Council Member
- Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Selected for inclusion on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” list, 2012 – 2019
- CALI Award, Highest Grade in Advanced Pre-Trial Advocacy, The Pennsylvania University Dickinson School of Law
- “Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the Trucking Industry and the Response From the FMCSA,” Burns White Insights, April 2020
- “DataQs: How and Why Trucking Companies Should Challenge FMCSR Violations,” Burns White Insights, September 2019
- “Transportation Law Update: Pennsylvania – Amendments to Expert Discovery,” author, Transportation Law Update, Vol. 16, No. 3, 2015
- “Pennsylvania/Connecticut: Log Violations Before Restart,” New Jersey Motor Truck Association, co-author, February 2012 Bulletin
- “Log Violations Before Restart,” co-author, Transportation Law Update, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2012
- “Where Do You Want to Depose Your Driver?,” co-author, Trucking Law Update, Vol. 8, No. 6, 2007
- “A Most Certain Tragedy, but a Reason to Side-Step the Constitution and Values of the United States?,” author, Penn State International Law Review, 23 Penn St. Int’l. L. Rev. 227