Emily K. Harlovic
Emily K. Harlovic is an Associate at Burns White whose practice involves a broad range of commercial litigation matters, including insurance coverage and extracontractual litigation, premises liability, products liability, and transportation and logistics law. She is based out of the firm’s Pittsburgh headquarters.
Ms. Harlovic graduated cum laude from Duquesne University School of Law in 2017 where she received the Honorable Mark E. Mascara Award upon graduation. While in law school, she served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Duquesne Business Law Journal, and also served as the Alumni Coordinator for the Appellate Moot Court Board. During law school, Ms. Harlovic sat as the student liaison for the Executive Committee of the Women’s Bar Association of Western Pennsylvania. Ms. Harlovic graduated magna cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh in 2013 where she received a B.A. in Political Science and Communications Rhetoric, and was awarded a Certificate in Leadership.
Prior to joining Burns White as a full-time attorney, Ms. Harlovic worked as a law clerk at the firm while in school, and spent time as a law clerk for the City of Pittsburgh’s Department of Law. She also interned in the Chambers of the Honorable William M. Skretny in the Western District of New York.
Ms. Harlovic is admitted to practice in the states of Pennsylvania and West Virginia, as well as the United States Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the United States Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and the United States Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
Areas of Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation
- Products Liability
- Retail and Hospitality
- Transportation and Logistics
- Duquesne University (J.D., 2017, cum laude, editor-in-chief Duquesne Business Law Journal)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., magna cum laude, 2013)
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia
- United States Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Defense Research Insitute
- Trucking Law
- Young Lawyers
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
- Selected by her peers as “Ones to Watch” by Best Lawyers in America®, 2023
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards, Duquesne University School of Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Healthcare Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- The Honorable Mark E. Mascara Award, Duquesne University School of Law
- Certificate in Leadership, University of Pittsburgh
Ms. Crawford is an accomplished pianist.