George (Jerry) S. Bobnak
George (Jerry) S. Bobnakgsbobnak@burnswhite.com
George S. (“Jerry”) Bobnak has extensive experience representing a broad range of clients, including Fortune 500 companies, in complex commercial litigation and toxic tort claims. Mr. Bobnak presently manages and litigates the regional day-to-day defense for a number of firm clients in mass toxic tort matters, has represented a national residential home builder/developer in construction litigation, and defended a distributor of specialty chemicals against toxic tort claims.
For nearly 30 years, Mr. Bobnak has practiced general civil litigation with a special emphasis on asbestos tort litigation. In addition to focusing his litigation practice on toxic torts, he also has extensive experience handling claims involving commercial disputes, transportation loss, professional liability, and environmental law, Mr. Bobnak has devoted over 25 years of his practice to asbestos litigation. He serves as local, regional and national coordinating counsel for manufacturers, suppliers, fabricators, employers and premises owners in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware. In the past, he regularly litigated similar claims in state courts in Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island, and New York.
Mr. Bobnak defended several national banking and lending institutions, in a broad range of civil matters including truth-in-lending, fair credit, breach of contract, fraud and consumer protection claims in state, federal and bankruptcy courts. He also represented a regional engineering and design firm in a number of cases alleging professional liability.
Mr. Bobnak is a volunteer attorney for a number of non-profit organizations. His probono work includes representing artists and entertainers in arts-related transactions and litigation, prisoners in civil rights litigation and in a capital case, and indigent clients in a variety of legal matters. He is a graduate of Widener University School of Law, and received his undergraduate degree from Temple University.
Areas of Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Products Liability & Toxic Tort Litigation
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- Temple University (B.A., 1981)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Volunteer Attorney
- Willistown Township, Pennsylvania, Advisory Council
- “Tri-State (PA/NJ/DE) Asbestos Litigation Update” CLE, The Great American Insurance Group, November 2013
- “Tri-State (PA/NJ/DE) Asbestos Litigation Update” CLE, Resolute Management Mid-West, July 2012
- “Sharing The Pain – The “Impact of The Growing Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts on The Asbestos Litigation” CLE, Resolute Management Mid-West, July 2012
- “Sharing The Pain – The Impact of The Growing Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts on The Asbestos Litigation” CLE, Resolute Management New England, January 2012
- “The Young Artist and the Law – Five Commandments for Starting Your Career” January 2004