Gerard A. Hornby
Gerard Hornby is an Associate in the firm’s Construction Law Practice Group. Mr. Hornby represents general contractors, subcontractors and owners in all stages of public and private construction projects.
Prior to joining Burns White as a full-time attorney, Mr. Hornby worked as a law clerk at the firm while in school, and was the Executive Student Articles Editor for the Duquesne Law Review. In addition, he worked as a judicial intern for The Honorable Justice David Wecht on the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, as well as a judicial extern for The Honorable Judge Joy Flowers Conti on the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
At Duquesne University School of Law, Mr. Hornby received the CALI Award for Excellence in Torts, Constitutional Law, and Pleadings and Discovery Simulation. He also received the ALI-CLE Scholarship and Leadership Award, the Dr. John and Liz Murray Award for Excellence in Student Scholarship, and the Shalom Moot Court Award.
Areas of Law
- Construction Law
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 2020 summa cum laude)
Duquesne University (B.A., 2017 magna cum laude)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Shalom Moot Court Award, 2020
- Dr. John and Liz Murray Award for Excellence in Student Scholarship, 2020
- ALI-CLE Scholarship and Leadership Award, 2020
- CALI Award for Excellence:
- Torts, Fall 2017
- Constitutional Law, Spring 2019
- Pleadings and Discovery Simulation, Spring 2020