Gilda M. Arroyo
Gilda M. Arroyo is an Associate focusing in civil litigation particularly in the areas of transportation and logistics law, banking and financial services, product liability, and real estate.
In addition, Ms. Arroyo is the chair of the firm’s Immigration Practice Group where she counsels businesses and individuals to ensure they comply with all applicable immigration laws.
During her years in practice, Ms. Arroyo has represented companies that manufacturer and/or distribute heavy machinery, medical devices, and other goods, in tort and negligence actions throughout Western Pennsylvania. Ms. Arroyo has also represented lenders and creditors in foreclosure, confession of judgment actions, and bankruptcy proceedings. In addition, Ms. Arroyo has represented HOAs, Condominium Associations, and Developers in various matters relating to statutory liens and statutory compliance. Prior to joining Burns White, her practice involved complex civil litigation, partnership disputes, custody disputes, and simple divorces.
Ms. Arroyo graduated from the University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law. While in law school, she served as a teaching assistant and a Senior Editor of the UDC Law Review. In addition, she participated in the Housing and Consumer Law Clinic and the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic. Ms. Arroyo received a B.A. in Sociology and Criminal Justice from The George Washington University.
An active member of the legal community, Ms. Arroyo is currently a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Hispanic Attorneys Committee, and the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Judiciary Committee. Ms. Arroyo is also an Allegheny County Bar Foundation Trustee. She was a Delegate in the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s House of Delegates from 2011-2014.
Ms. Arroyo is admitted to practice law before the Supreme Court of the United States, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, and the U.S. District Court for both the Middle and the Western districts of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Products Liability Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Family Law
- Immigration Law
- Banking and Financial Services
- Real Estate and Property Services
- University of the District of Columbia (J.D., 2010)
- The George Washington University (B.A., 2005)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Hispanic Attorneys Committee
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Selected by her peers for the 2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2018
- Fellow, Allegheny County Bar Foundation Young Lawyers
- Trustee, Allegheny County Bar Foundation Board of Trustees
- Volunteer Dog Handler, Therapy Dogs International
- Burns White Employment Law Seminar, Pittsburgh, PA, April 2019
- Represented nationally recognized transportation and logistics company in negligence suits.
- Represented manufacturers of heavy equipment and medical devices in product liability suits.
- Represented Condominium Associations and Homeowner’s Associations in enforcement of statutory assessment liens.
- Represented Developer in suit related to the Uniform Planned Community Act.
- Represented lenders in foreclosure and confession of judgment actions.
- Represented nationally recognized manufacturer in toxic tort suits.
- Obtained H-1B visas for beneficiary employees of petitioner employers.
- Represented individuals seeking to obtain or preserve status as lawful permanent residents.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of medical provider and successfully argued for it to be upheld on appeal.