Gilda M. Arroyo
Gilda M. Arroyo is an Associate focusing in the areas of transportation and logistics law, products and premises liability, and banking and financial services.
In addition, Ms. Arroyo co-chairs the firm’s Immigration Practice Group where she counsels businesses and individuals to ensure they comply with all applicable immigration laws, and currently serves as chair of the firm’s Committee for Diversity and Inclusion.
During her years in practice, Ms. Arroyo has represented companies that manufacturer and/or distribute heavy machinery, medical devices, and other goods, in tort and negligence actions throughout Western Pennsylvania. Prior to joining Burns White, her practice involved complex civil litigation, partnership disputes, custody disputes, and simple divorces.
Ms. Arroyo graduated from the University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law in 2010. While in law school, she served as a teaching assistant and Senior Editor of the UDC Law Review. In addition, she participated in the Housing and Consumer Law Clinic and the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic. Ms. Arroyo received a B.A. in Sociology and Criminal Justice from The George Washington University in 2005.
An active member of the legal community, Ms. Arroyo is currently vice-chair of the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Hispanic Attorneys Committee, and is currently a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Judiciary Committee. She was a Delegate in the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s House of Delegates from 2011-2014.
Ms. Arroyo is admitted to practice law before the Supreme Court of the United States, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, and the U.S. District Court for both the Middle and the Western districts of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Products Liability Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Family Law
- Immigration Law
- Banking and Financial Services
- University of the District of Columbia (J.D., 2010)
- The George Washington University (B.A., 2005)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Hispanic Attorneys Committee
- Selected by her peers for the 2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2018
- Fellow, Allegheny County Bar Foundation Young Lawyers
- Volunteer Dog Handler, Therapy Dogs International
- Burns White Employment Law Seminar, Pittsburgh, PA, April 2019