Hattie L. Parent
Hattie Parent is an Associate in Burns White’s Workers’ Compensation practice group defending employers and insurance companies in Pennsylvania.
Ms. Parent received her Juris Doctor from Duquesne University where she was recognized for her academic achievements and participated in a variety of scholastic activities. As a member of the Trial Advocacy Competition Team, she received the law school’s Shalom Moot Court Award, the Best Cross Examination Award at the National Trial Advocacy Competition, and was a semi-finalist in the Florida State National Civil Trial Competition. She earned her undergraduate degree from West Virginia University in Political Science.
Prior to joining Burns White, Ms. Parent worked for a global transportation company in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area managing unemployment and discrimination claims. She also worked as a Law Clerk for the City of Pittsburgh.
Ms. Parent is licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Duquesne University (J.D., 2018)
- West Virginia University (B.A., Political Science, 2014)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Bar Leadership Initiative 2019, Young Lawyers Division
- Women in Law Division
- The Risk Management Society
- WELD Pittsburgh
- Insurance Club of Pittsburgh
- Shalom Moot Court Award, Duquesne University, 2018
- Florida State National Civil Trial Competition, Semi-Finalist, 2018
- Best Cross Examination Award, National Trial Advocacy Competition, 2017