J. Trevor Carson
J. Trevor Carsonjtcarson@burnswhite.com
Mr. J. Trevor Carson is an Associate in the firm’s Tampa, Florida office, focusing his practice in the area of Healthcare and Long-Term care law. Mr. Carson defends doctors, hospitals, and long-term care health facilities in medical malpractice and liability matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Carson was an attorney at a firm with a state-wide practice that focused on labor and employment law (representing management), administrative law, and healthcare law.
Mr. Carson received his Juris Doctor from Florida State University College of Law, Magna Cum Laude. During law school Mr. Carson studied abroad at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. He also served as a Judicial Intern to the Honorable Judge Thomas H. Minkoff of the Sixth Judicial Circuit of Florida, and as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Chief Judge Stephanie Ray of the First District Court of Appeal of Florida. Mr. Carson received his Bachelor of Science degree in Interdisciplinary Social Science (Economics, Political Science and History) from Florida State University. He also attended the United States Naval Academy where he was a competing member of the D1 NCAA gymnastics team from 2011-2013.
Areas of Law
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Florida State University College of Law (J.D. 2019), Magna Cum Laude
- University of Oxford Study Abroad (Summer 2019)
- Florida State University (B.S. 2016)
- United States Naval Academy
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Focusing the Lens of Justice: The Implementation of Police Body Cameras is a Management Right, Not a Mandatory Subject of Collective Bargaining, Florida Bar Journal (research and editing contribution)