Jessica M. Jurasko
Jessica M. Jurasko is an attorney in the firm’s Healthcare and Long-Term Care Group, focusing in the areas of medical malpractice, healthcare, employment, and general liability litigation. She defends nursing homes, home healthcare organizations, hospitals, individual medical professionals, and other executives in professional, general, and premises liability claims.
A seasoned litigator with a diverse practice, Ms. Jurasko has more than 10 years of experience handling all phases of litigation and case management in construction litigation, occupational safety and health, labor and employment, complex insurance coverage, and corporate contractual disputes in state and federal courts, as well as in administrative proceedings in the regulatory context. In addition to her litigation experience and providing counsel to her clients, Ms. Jurasko frequently presents on employment issues, strategies relating to risk management, and regulatory compliance. She has also authored numerous articles and written materials discussing such topics and has provided training for her clients in these areas.
Ms. Jurasko earned both of her degrees, a Juris Doctor and a B.A. in Political Science and History, from Duquesne University. While in law school, she served as President of the Student Bar Association and studied abroad in Rome, Italy. She has been an active member of her law school’s alumni association as an elected member of the Board of Governors, and most recently served as the President of the Duquesne Law Alumni Association in 2015-2016. In 2017, Ms. Jurasko was named Woman of the Year by the Duquesne University School of Law Women’s Law Association in recognition of her leadership, integrity, service, and commitment to actively seeking change and expanding opportunities for women in the legal profession.
Ms. Jurasko is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Third, Seventh and D.C. Circuits, and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- Nursing Home Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- General Liability
- Premises Liability
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Environmental Law
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Regulatory Compliance
- Duquesne University School of Law, Evening Division (J.D., 2004)
- Duquesne University (B.A., Political Science and History, 1998)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Women in Law Division
- Public Service Committee
- Hispanic Attorneys’ Committee
- Women’s Energy Network
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation (EMLF)
- Association of General Contractors of America
- Constructors’ Association of Western Pennsylvania
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2019
- Woman of the Year, Duquesne University School of Law Women’s Association 2017. Recognized for leadership, integrity, service and commitment to actively seeking change and expanding opportunities for women in the legal profession.
- An active member of her community, Ms. Jurasko volunteers her time at the Uptown Legal Clinic and the Church of the Assumption. She has also served as a mock trial coach in the Pennsylvania Bar Association High School Mock Trial Competition since 2012.
OSHA’s Local Enforcement Update: Where Does the Recently Enforceable Crystalline Silica Standard Appear on an Inspector’s Radar?, Legal Perspective, www.mbawpa.com, July/August, 2018. OSHAs Local Enforcement Update_ Jurasko_7_2018