Jill M. Persico
Jill M. Persico is an Associate seasoned in civil and criminal litigation, as well as contract law.
With an emphasis on the healthcare industry, Ms. Persico primarily defends long-term healthcare providers against professional liability and medical malpractice claims.
Ms. Persico brings a broad range of legal experience in both the public and private sectors to her practice at Burns White. As Assistant District Attorney in Chester County, she served as lead counsel in hundreds of civil and criminal cases, including 40 felony and misdemeanor jury trials, and was selected for a temporary assignment as Special Assistant United States Attorney (SAUSA). Ms. Persico was also an Arbitrator for the Chester County Arbitration Administration; a contracts attorney for a global clinical research organization serving the pharmaceutical industry; and an Associate at a personal injury firm representing plaintiffs in medical malpractice, products liability, and employment matters.
Ms. Persico received a J.D. from the University of Akron and a B.A. in Political Science from Pennsylvania State University. She is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Areas of Law
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- Products Liability
- Criminal Law
- University of Akron (J.D., 1996)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 1993)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member of the Healthcare Law Committee, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member of the Women in Professions Committee, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pro bono attorney for the Elder Justice & Civil Resource Center, Philadelphia
- Social Media as an Investigative Tool, The Legal Intelligencer, April 12, 2016
News & Updates