Joshua D. Brown
Joshua D. Brown[email protected]
Joshua D. Brown is an associate in the firm’s Railroad Law Practice Group. An experienced litigator, he defends Class I and short line railroads in a variety of matters including occupational disease and toxic tort.
Mr. Brown has a diverse legal background. Prior to joining Burns White, he worked for several Pittsburgh-based firms handling complex commercial litigation and energy matters representing clients through all stages of the legal process. In addition, he has experience in construction and real estate law, including eminent domain. He serves as an Arbitrator in the Court of Common Pleas in Allegheny County, and as the Minority Inspector of Election for Upper St. Clair Ward 3, District 1.
Mr. Brown is a graduate of the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law, and received his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He is licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Railroad Litigation
- Real Estate
- University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania (B.A., cum laude, 2009)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Minority Inspector of Election for Upper St. Clair Ward 3, District 1
- Christ United Methodist Church
- Missions and Outreach Committee, Chairperson