Justin M. Kearns
Justin M. Kearnsjmkearns@burnswhite.com
Justin Kearns is an Associate in the Healthcare and Long-Term Care Litigation Group in the firm’s Wheeling office. Mr. Kearns focuses his practice on defending medical professional negligence claims involving medical professionals, healthcare institutions, and long-term care facilities. Mr. Kearns also represents clients in the healthcare field in employment-related matters.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Kearns gained significant experience at defense firms representing clients in legal matters related to corporate law, employment disputes, professional liability claims, insurance coverage, construction claims, and various other areas of insurance defense.
Mr. Kearns is a West Virginia native and graduated from the West Virginia University School of Medicine with a Master of Public Health degree in 2011, concentrating in the areas of healthcare policy and management, healthcare administration, biostatistics, and epidemiology. Mr. Kearns is also a graduate of the West Virginia University College of Law, where he served as Dean’s Fellow in Professional Responsibility and Executive Notes Editor of the West Virginia Law Review.
In 2021, Mr. Kearns was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in West Virginia. In addition, Mr. Kearns is a member of the Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia.
Areas of Law
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D. 2014)
- West Virginia University, (M.P.H., 2011)
- Marshall University, (B.S., suma cum laude, 2008)
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District
- United States District Court for the Southern District
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
Accolades and Involvement
- West Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, 2021