Kerven M. Moon
Kerven M. Moon is an Associate in Burns White’s Pittsburgh office. As part of the firm’s Litigation and Family Law practice groups, he has a diverse background and provides effective representation to a variety of clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Moon was a summer clerk at Burns White. Additionally, he interned with the Criminal Division, Violent Crime Section at the U.S. Attorney’s Office, supporting the investigation of drug offenses, gun possession crimes, and bank robberies through legal research and document creation, as well as witness preparation.
A 2019 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Mr. Moon was a member of the Black Law Student Association, the Sports and Entertainment Society, Phi Alpha Delta, and the Mock Trial Team. While in law school, he received the CALI Award for Excellence in Criminal Prosecution Practicum, and served as a University of Pittsburgh Law Ambassador. Mr. Moon received his Bachelor of Arts degree from The Pennsylvania State University where he was recognized as a Weiss Breakthrough Scholar, and was part of both the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and the Order of Omega.
Mr. Moon is licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. He is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association.
Areas of Law
- Family Law
- General Litigation
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 2019)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 2013)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Recipient, CALI Award for Excellence in Criminal Prosecution Practicum, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Recipient, Weiss Breakthrough Scholar, The Pennsylvania State University
- Member, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, The Pennsylvania State University
- Member, Order of Omega, The Pennsylvania State University
- “16 and Married No More and Other Changes from Act 18 to the Domestic Relations Statute” Burns White Insights, May 2020
- “Diversity in the Law: Considerations from a Recent Graduate” The Legal Ingelligencer, Diversity Supplement, October 2019
- “Divorce? Not Us: Understanding the Importance of a Prenuptial Agreement,” Burns White Insights, February 2020