Mark T. Sottile
Associate Mark T. Sottile is a skilled trial attorney focusing on employment and commercial litigation. Mr. Sottile brings insight and experience to matters both in and out of the courtroom, and works with clients in a variety of industries in all phases of litigation. He has litigated hundreds of claims under a number of federal statutes, namely Title VII, 1981, the FMLA, ADEA, and ADA, and handles matters pursuant to the FLSA and state cases under the NJLAD and PHRA for various forms of employment discrimination.
Mr. Sottile also counsels his clients on a range of employment discrimination and wage and hour matters in advance of litigation. In addition, he frequently represents clients at the PHRC and EEOC level. His clients include large corporations, as well as small and midsize businesses, based in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. To date, Mr. Sottile has first-chaired a wide range of employment discrimination cases, taking multiple cases to jury verdict, including in Pennsylvania and New Jersey state and federal courts. He has also conducted federal arbitrations under employment law statutes.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Sottile was an associate at an employment law firm in the Greater Philadelphia Area where he represented employees in employment discrimination and wage and hour matters. Mr. Sottile’s experience representing employees and employers gives him invaluable insight in handling employment law matters before and amid litigation.
In addition to his employment law and civil rights practice, Mr. Sottile handles contractual disputes, personal injury defense, premises liability, and other general liability matters.
Mr. Sottile received his J.D. from the Villanova University School of Law in 2011, and his undergraduate degree from Union College in 2008, summa cum laude.
Areas of Law
- Employment Practices Liability Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Villanova University (J.D., 2011)
- Union College (B.A., summa cum laude, 2008)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- “Dealing with the Troubled/Troubling Employee” National Business Institute, Allentown, PA, October 2019
- “Fair Labor Standards Act and Underlying State Law” Burns White Employment Law Webinar, September 2019
- “Pitfalls for Small Businesses to Avoid Regarding American with Disabilities Act” Burns White Employment Law Seminar, Philadelphia, PA, April 2019
- “Analyzing Non-Discriminatory Reasons for Termination” Burns White Employment Law Seminar, Philadelphia, PA, January 2018
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Pitfalls: What Do Small Business Owners Need to Know?, businessingmag.com, August 29, 2019