Matthew J. Glenn
Matthew J. Glenn is a Member in Burns White’s Real Estate and Energy Practice Groups. In these roles he negotiates and drafts purchase sale agreements, deeds, leases, easements, mortgages, loan modifications and other real estate agreements. Mr. Glenn also drafts oil and gas title opinions, advises energy clients on title curative issues and handles closings of residential, commercial and oil and gas properties.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Glenn worked as a legal analyst at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and as an abstractor for an oil and gas land services company, where he played a key role in a 6,500-acre land acquisition. During law school, he clerked at a firm in Southpointe, Pennsylvania, where he worked on a variety of issues, with focuses on zoning and land use and oil and gas law.
Mr. Glenn received a J.D., cum laude, from the University of Pittsburgh in 2011. During law school, he was an associate editor of JURIST, a legal news website hosted by Pitt Law.
Mr. Glenn received a B.A. in English Language and Literature from Bryn Athyn College in 2007. Mr. Glenn is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. He is a Pennsylvania-licensed title agent, and a member of the Pennsylvania and the Allegheny County Bar Associations.
Areas of Law
- Oil and Gas Title
- Business Practices
- Real Estate
- University of Pittsburgh (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Bryn Athyn College of the New Church (B.A., 2007)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Resident Title Agent License
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Selected by his peers for the 2020 and 2021 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists