Matthew K. Fissel
Based out of Burns White’s Philadelphia-area office, Matthew K. Fissel focuses his practice on the prompt and favorable resolution of workers compensation claims on behalf of third-party administrators, insurance companies and self-insured employers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey as an Associate in the firm’s Workers’ Compensation Practice Group.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Fissel represented creditors in mortgage foreclosure and eviction litigation at a well-known creditors’ rights law firm in Philadelphia, where he gained significant trial and case management experience. In addition, Mr. Fissel previously practiced law at a small boutique litigation firm in Center City and represented an array of clients in various civil matters.
Mr. Fissel earned his Juris Doctorate from Villanova University School of Law in 2012. While at Villanova University School of Law, Mr. Fissel worked as a clerk at a Plaintiff’s law firm in Montgomery County, and also served as a Legal Extern at the Montgomery County Public Defenders Office. Prior to earning his J.D., Mr. Fissel received his Bachelor of Arts degree from St. Mary’s College of Maryland in 2009.
Areas of Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Mary’s College of Maryland (B.A., Political Science, 2009)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Mr. Fissel regularly volunteers his time through Philadelphia VIP, an organization dedicated to providing pro bono legal services to low-income residents of Philadelphia. He has most recently defended tenants in eviction cases and guided homeowners in resolving title issues.