Monica C. Fillmore
Monica Fillmore is a skilled litigator who represents healthcare providers and institutions in long-term care, medical malpractice, and dental malpractice matters. She also has experience successfully representing her clients throughout professional board proceedings and in personal injury cases.
Ms. Fillmore is regularly recognized as a New Jersey Super Lawyers® ‘Rising Star,’ is licensed in the United States District Court of New Jersey, and is a member of the New Jersey Bar Association. She received her Juris Doctor from Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, and graduated from Vassar College with her Bachelor of Arts degree in American Culture.
Areas of Law
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Vassar College (B.A., 2001)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Selected as a New Jersey Super Lawyers® “Rising Star,” 2013, 2014, 2016-2018
- “Expert Witness Depositions in Nursing Home Injury Cases,” Stafford Publications Inc. Webinar, May 2019
- “Claims Against Long-Term Care Facilities: Negligence, Damages, Enforcement Actions, Individual Criminal Activity,” October 2019
- “Deposing Nursing Home Employers and Owners,” Stafford Publications Inc. Webinar, April and July 2020
- “COVID-19 Lawsuits: What to Expect and How to Prepare, Health Care Association of New Jersey,” October 2020
- Defended numerous hospitals physician offices, dental offices, long-term care centers, physicians, podiatrists, dentists, nurses, respiratory technicians and other medical care providers in litigation and professional board matters.
- Obtained summary judgment with appellate approval for a hospital system regarding a law against discrimination claim.
- Obtained summary judgment for a hospital system for a birth injury case.
- Obtained summary judgment with appellate approval for a nursing home.
- Obtained summary judgment for a physician for a failure to timely diagnose an infection that led to a quadruple amputation.
- Obtained summary judgment for a hospitalist physician for a wrongful death case.
- Obtained numerous board investigation dismissals with no action taken.