Monica C. Fillmore
Monica C. Fillmore is a Member is the firm’s Cherry Hill office. Ms. Fillmore is a skilled litigator who represents healthcare providers and institutions in long-term care, medical malpractice, and dental malpractice matters. She also has experience successfully representing her clients throughout professional board proceedings and in personal injury cases.
Ms. Fillmore is regularly recognized as a New Jersey Super Lawyers® ‘Rising Star’, and is licensed in the United States District Court of New Jersey and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. She received her Juris Doctor from Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, and graduated from Vassar College with her Bachelor of Arts degree in American Culture.
* The Rising Stars List is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Areas of Law
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Vassar College (B.A., 2001)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Selected as a New Jersey Super Lawyers® “Rising Star,” 2013, 2014, 2016-2018
- “COVID-19 Lawsuits: What to Expect and How to Prepare,” Health Care Association of New Jersey, October 2020 and May 2021
- “Deposing Nursing Home Employees and Owners in Neglect and Abuse Cases,” Stafford Publications Inc. Webinar, April 2020, July 2020, and April 2021
- “Claims Against Long-Term Care Facilities: Negligence, Damages, Enforcement Actions, Individual Criminal Activity,” October 2019
- “Expert Witness Depositions in Nursing Home Injury Cases,” Stafford Publications Inc. Webinar, May 2019
- Defended numerous hospitals physician offices, dental offices, long-term care centers, physicians, podiatrists, dentists, nurses, respiratory technicians and other medical care providers in litigation and professional board matters.
- Obtained summary judgment with appellate approval for a hospital system regarding a law against discrimination claim.
- Obtained summary judgment for a hospital system for a birth injury case.
- Obtained summary judgment with appellate approval for a nursing home.
- Obtained summary judgment for a physician for a failure to timely diagnose an infection that led to a quadruple amputation.
- Obtained summary judgment for a hospitalist physician for a wrongful death case.
- Obtained numerous board investigation dismissals with no action taken.