Rebecca M. Waddell
Rebecca M. Waddellrmwaddell@burnswhite.com
Rebecca Waddell is a Member with more than 20 years of experience as a medical malpractice defense litigator. She is located in Burns White’s Center City, Philadelphia office.
Prior to joining Burns White, Ms. Waddell worked as a partner in a civil litigation and medical malpractice defense firm in suburban Philadelphia where she specialized in complex medical malpractice cases, and as associate general counsel for a large children’s hospital. Her background in private practice and within an established healthcare organization, gives her a unique understanding of medical malpractice matters. She has extensive experience resolving matters through litigation, mediation, and arbitration, and is a frequent speaker sharing her insights with nurses, risk managers and patient advocates.
Ms. Waddell is a graduate of Villanova School of Law. She holds a Masters Degree in Health Services Administration from The University of Michigan, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from The Johns Hopkins University where she was an All-American Women’s Lacrosse Athlete and co-captain of the Women’s Soccer Team. She is admitted into practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the United States Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the State of New Jersey.
Areas of Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Villanova University (J.D., 2000)
- The University of Michigan, (Master, Health Services Administration, 1996)
- The Johns Hopkins University (B.A., 1993)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- “Supportive Relationships with Defense Counsel” Cassatt’s 23rd Annual Risk Management and Patient Safety Symposium, April 2020
- “Malpractice Education for Nurses” Aria Torresdale and The Chester County Hospital, April 2020
- “The Intersection of Patient and Hospital Rights and Responsibilities” Presentation to Risk Managers and Patient Advocates from multiple hospitals, 2014
- “Strategies for Improved Communication with Patients” Presentation to Risk Managers and Patient Advocates from multiple hospitals, 2013
- “A Team Approach to Handling Difficult Patient Situations” Presentation to Risk Managers and Patient Advocates from multiple hospitals, 2012
- “Documentation Do’s and Don’ts: A View from the Witness Stand” Chester County Hospital and Ephrata Community Hospital, 2011