Robert E. Dapper Jr.
Robert E. Dapper Jr. serves as Burns White’s General Counsel and is a member of the Executive Committee. Mr. Dapper is the co-chair of both the Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation and Transportation and Logistics practice groups at Burns White. With more than 30 years of experience representing clients in commercial litigation, Mr. Dapper concentrates his practice on the defense of transportation and insurance coverage and extracontractual litigation, including class actions.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Dapper served as a founding shareholder of Dapper, Baldasare, Benson, Behling & Kane, P.C., until the firms merged in January 2016.
Mr. Dapper graduated, cum laude, from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1986. He received a B.A. in Government/Economics from Georgetown University in 1983.
An active member of the legal community, Mr. Dapper is recognized by his peers for inclusion in publications such as Best Lawyers in America® and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, and selected as a member of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, the American Board of Trial Advocates and the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel. He is a former Adjunct Professor of Law for Mock Trial Strategy and Practice at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
Mr. Dapper is admitted to practice law in all of the federal and state courts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the state of West Virginia. He is also licensed in Ohio and New Jersey.
Areas of Law
- Complex and Commercial Litigation/Dispute Resolution
- Class Action Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Transportation and Logistics
- University of Pittsburgh (J.D., cum laude, 1986)
- Georgetown University (B.A., 1983)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- State of Ohio
- State of West Virginia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Consistently selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America®; named Pittsburgh Personal Injury Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” for 2021
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Pennsylvania’s Best Lawyers®
- Selected for inclusion on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list, where he has been named to the Top 100 Lawyers in Pennsylvania and the Top 50 Lawyers in Pittsburgh lists
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 peer rated in Martindale-Hubbell
- The Neighborhood Academy
- Board of Directors, Member
- Executive Committee, Member
- Mock Trial Team Coach