Robert E. Dapper Jr.
Member Robert E. Dapper Jr. is chair of the Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation group and co-chair of the Transportation and Logistics practice group at Burns White. With more than 25 years of experience representing clients in a wide range of commercial litigation, Mr. Dapper concentrates his practice on the defense of insurance coverage and extracontractual litigation, as well as professional liability and trucking litigation.
Mr. Dapper is a frequently requested speaker on the topics of bad faith litigation and ethics at seminars sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, and Pennsylvania Defense Institute.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Dapper served as a Founding Shareholder of Dapper, Baldasare, Benson, Behling & Kane, P.C., until the firms merged in January 2016.
Mr. Dapper graduated, cum laude, from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1986. He received a B.A. in Government/Economics from Georgetown University in 1983.
An active member of the legal community, Mr. Dapper is an Adjunct Professor of Law for Mock Trial Strategy and Practice at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. Recognized by his peers for inclusion in publications such as Best Lawyers in America® and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, he was selected as a member of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County and the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel. He also belongs to the Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio Bar Associations.
Mr. Dapper is admitted to practice law in all of the federal and state courts of Pennsylvania and West Virginia. He is also licensed in Ohio.
Areas of Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Transportation and Logistics
- University of Pittsburgh (J.D., cum laude, 1986)
- Georgetown University (B.A., 1983)
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
- Selected for inclusion on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list, where he has been named to the Top 100 Lawyers in Pennsylvania and the Top 50 Lawyers in Pittsburgh lists
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 peer rated in Martindale-Hubbell
- The Neighborhood Academy, Mock Trial Team Coach
News & Updates